Friday, March 2, 2012

The Pairsine 'Spirts & Food' Competition - 17 March 2012

The Blog is back....  I will be writing and notifying on my Facebook when I post to this blog. 

Although my photograph was erroneously excluded from the front page of the site (as a two time 'Best Chef' and another as 'Most Creative Chef' I would have put myself front and center...alas, it was not to be) I am still excited to help promote the next Pairsine competition at the Omni Interlocken Hotel in Broomfield, Colorado.  The event is on St. Patrick's Day (if you have forgotten it is always on the 17th of March...) and 12Seasons will be there to regain the 'Best Chef', 'Most Creative Chef' and "People's Choice Award'.   Although I doubt they will give me all of them at one time the competition is always against myself and not another chef.  How far can I push the envelope?  What can I do to 'wow' the judges and also steal the culinary hearts of the patrons that evening?  Do I have enough electricity to do what I want?  Etc., etc., etc...  We will be pairing Spirits with Food...  Here is the link to the site: http://www.pairsine.com/.  Come out and support my team as well as the other hard-working chefs and the event itself.

Some of the savory seasonal and organic ideas that I am working on, depending on the 'Spirits' that move me:
1.  A Nouvelle approach to a Classical French Dish - Sole Duglere with Scallop & Shrimp Mousse,    Parsley & Tomato, Split Peas, Braised Endive, Hazelnut Coriander Brown Butter with Fines Herbs.
2.  Staying with my Francophile past - Oxtail Roulade with Pommes Mille-Feuille and Barigoule
3.  And now for something completely different - 'Octo-paccio' with Grilled Baby Squid, a la minute Confit of Stugeon, Mole Verde, Salsa Serrano, Plantain Mosaic and Salad.
4.  My take on Caviar & Champagne Hors d'Oeuvres - Poached Yukon Potato with Caviar, CO2 Champagne Grapes, Parsley Puree and Micro Chive.
5.  The Escoffier 'Blini' blown up a few stories - Truffled Potato Foam with Pea Essence in an Egg Shell with Crispy Pork, Pearl Onions, Quail Egg, and Potato Blinis.

Dessert, again depending on which way the 'Spirits' take me will be something like:
1.  Frozen Foie Gras, Hazelnut & Chocolate Cake, Peanut Butter & Banana Mousse
2.  A Savarin or Macerated Fruits 'en gelee'
3.  Warqa 'Napolean' with Nuts & Dried Fruit, Pistachio Gelato & Passion Fruit 'Brulee'

All for now.  Peace.


No comments: